Dare to Lead™ facilitated by Angela Giacoumis (In Person)
Thu Mar 16 2023 at 08:30 am to Fri Mar 17 2023 at 05:00 pm
The Monastery | Adelaide, SA
About this Event
Daring leaders are self-aware, know how to have hard conversations, hold themselves and others accountable, lead with empathy and connection, take smart risks that lead to innovation, reset quickly after disappointments and setbacks, and give and receive feedback especially when it’s tough.
This program is designed for leaders, change agents or anyone passionate about accelerating their performance, who wants to show up, be brave and create environments where they inspire others around them to do the same.
In today’s ever-changing world, bravery and courage is essential to maximising relationships, creating engaged cultures, propelling performance, and increasing organisational resilience. At the centre of all of this is vulnerability, our pathway to courage and the birthplace of innovation, creativity and trust.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, this workshop will help you put into action the leadership skills outlined in Brené’s #1 NY Times best-selling book, Dare To Lead. During this program you will learn more about these courage-building skills and walk away with a personal action plan for how to apply them in your work and life.
In this highly interactive and transformative program you will:
- Learn the skills to lead with courage
- Understand the difference between armored vs daring leadership
- Explore the connection between being vulnerable and being brave
- Activate the power of empathy to fuel connection
- Build trust and psychological safety
- Better understand your personal values
- Learn how to navigate courageous conversations and feedback
- Build your resilience skills and toolkit
- Rollout practical tools & learnings with your team after the program
" I have had the opportunity to attend many many training course and self development courses both within Australia, the US and Europe during my 35+ years of working in the Corporate sector. I am very clear, that I found the Dare to Lead 2 days the most challenging and insightful – really prompting me to look at and into myself….very powerful and rewarding. Thank you for the opportunity and experience"
General Manager Operations
Support before and after the Dare to Lead™ Program
We believe that you develop new skills and behaviours when you take your learnings and put them into practice within your daily life at work and home. To support you on your learning journey we provide valuable pre-work and post work to optimise your learning during the program. This includes articles, exercises and resources 4 weeks following the program. In addition, you will be invited to join our Dare to Lead™ Alumni LinkedIn group at the end of the program so you can connect, share and learn with others who are also on their journey of living with more courage and bravery. This also provides a great hub of resources, inspiration and information for you to use.
Courageous Leadership: Dare to Lead™ Alumni Sessions
In addition to the 2-day program, you have access to our free quarterly virtual Courageous Leadership Integration webinars, where you will connect with other Dare to Lead™ graduates to share learnings and apply your tool-kit of courageous leadership to real life situations so that you can fully integrate what you've learnt into your leadership, workplace and community.
Daring Teams Rollout Program
The Daring Team Rollout Program is designed to help graduates of Dare to Lead™ bring the key learnings from the curriculum back to their organisations and teams, it supports the following:
- Increases psychological safety within teams, while establishing an environment of common language
- Effectively supports the integration of core learnings, tools and resources into the organisation
- Builds a culture of courage, innovation, creativity, compassion and trust, which fuels resilience, performance and team engagement
About Brené Brown
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership.
About Angela Giacoumis – Facilitator
Angela is the founder and CEO of Careerlink People Solutions a 30 year old human resource consultancy and co-CEO of Emotous, focused on building agility and performance in organisations through the integration of Emotional Intelligence, neuroscience and people analytics. Angela is a successful business leader, coach and entrepreneur defining and executing effective people strategies particularly in the areas of engagement, high performance leadership and change. Angela is a certified Dare to Lead™ (CDTWF) and Rising Strong™ (CDWF) facilitator, ICF coach and 6seconds practitioner having completed extensive Business and HR studies.
Meet the Emotous team, who support Angela in the delivery of the program to ensure you get a unique and well-supported learning experience.
Normal Price: $1200 + GST
Early Bird Price: $995 + GST
Optional: Individual EQ Profile with 1 hour debrief and / or Coaching prior / post program. Contact us on [email protected] for more information.
What does the price include?
The price includes:
- Gourmet morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- All resources for the 2-day program
- A nature inspired venue and a cosy environment to support reflective work
- 4 weeks of pre and post work to optimise the learning experience
- A gift bag on arrival with materials to use during and after the program
- Access to Dare to Lead™ Alumni Group where we share relevant articles and resources to enhance and integrate the learning
What do I get as a Dare to Lead™ Alumni Graduate?
As a Dare to Lead™ Graduate of Emotous, you will receive:
- Dare to Lead™ Certificate
- Dare to Lead™ LinkedIn Trained badge to promote amongst peers
- Access to our Dare to Lead™ Alumni LinkedIn group
- Invitation to future Dare to Lead™ community gatherings and catch up's
- Alumni discount for future Dare to Lead™ bookings so you can create a team and culture of daring and courageous leaders
Can I pay by invoice?
Yes, absolutely! Send an email enquiry to [email protected] and we will issue an invoice for you or request an invoice via Eventbrite.
Who should attend?
Leaders and anyone wanting to lead a more courageous life!
Can we customise this program and bring it in-house?
Absolutely, contact us on 08 7111 0947, or [email protected] to explore how we can bring this incredible work into your organisation to build more braver leaders and a courageous culture.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, contact us on 08 7111 0947, or [email protected] to discuss options for group bookings, and bringing the Dare To Lead™ program into your organisation.
Do we receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes! Individuals who successfully complete the full 16-hour Dare To Lead™ program will receive a certificate of completion and are allowed to put a Dare to Lead Trained badge on their LinkedIn account.
Where is it happening?The Monastery, 15 Cross Rd, Adelaide, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
AUD 995.00 to AUD 1200.00