Dare to Lead™ 4-Day Intensive: Portland, OR, June 2023
Tue Jun 20 2023 at 09:30 am to Fri Jun 23 2023 at 03:30 pm
5736 Northeast 33rd Avenue,Portland,97211,US | Portland, OR
AdvertisementA courage-building leadership intensive. Experience the full Dare to Lead™ program based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown.
"Who we are is how we lead.” ~ Dr. Brené Brown
Brené Brown, Ph.D., defines a leader as “anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes, and who has the courage to develop that potential.” Each of us has the potential to be a leader – we can be leaders in our families, schools, organizations, communities, and in our unique approach to life. Leadership is more about how we show up in the world and less about the job title we carry. Dare to Lead ™ supports you in developing the skills and qualities essential for growing and thriving as a brave, self-aware, and effective leader.
About The Dare To Lead™ Program
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organizational development professionals.
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead™ program focuses on developing these courage-building skills through workshops, trainings, and coaching to help individuals, teams, and organizations move from armored leadership to daring leadership.
The four skill sets are:
• Rumbling with Vulnerability : Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
• Living into our Values : Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
• BRAVING Trust : Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
• Learning to Rise : Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Individuals who successfully complete the full 24-hour Dare to Lead™ program will receive a certificate of completion and are allowed to add the Dare to Lead™ Trained badge to their LinkedIn account.
What is Included in this Workshop
• 4 days of interactive in-person facilitated sessions (24 hours total)
• Dare to Lead™ Workbook
• Dare to Lead™ Trained Certificate (upon completion)
• Dare to Lead™ Trained badge to add your LinkedIn profile (upon completion)
• Individual 30-minute pre-training preparation meeting (virtual)
• The bonus option of participating in either a post-workshop 1-hour group integration session or a 30-minute individual laser coaching session with your facilitator (both virtual)
Use PROMO CODE "NonprofitsEducators” for an Educator, School Leader, and Nonprofit discount
Please note: For CEUs - Dare to Lead™ leadership competencies often qualify (CME, CNE, PMP, ICF, SHRM). Check with your accrediting bodies to see if this applies.
What to Expect
This workshop is designed as a 4-day leadership intensive to allow for deep learning and ample time to connect with the material and interact with peers. You will also be supported by 1:1 coaching calls before and after the session. The experiential learning and self-reflection opportunities will help you to tap into your values and inner wisdom and develop your courage and confidence as a leader - and person - as we explore and practice the four empirically based, teachable, measurable, and observable skill sets of courage. There will also be a minimal amount of pre-work to help maximize our time together.
• When: June 20-23, 2023 | Tuesday - Friday | 9:30 am – 4 pm ( 3:30 pm on Friday)
• Where: The Concordia Community Room at McMenamin’s Kennedy School, Portland, OR 97211
• Food: Beverages and snacks are included in your registration. Lunch is on your own.
• Agenda: Attendees will receive an email with detailed logistics after registration, prior to the workshop.
• Follow-up Integration Sessions: Virtual availability July 5-12, 2023
• Cancellation or Refunds: Refunds are available up to 14 days prior to the event. Eventbrite fees are non-refundable. You also have the option to transfer your paid registration to another participant by emailing the organizer at [email protected]
About your Facilitator
Dr. Angela Lehr is a leadership facilitator, consultant, transformational coach, educator, entrepreneur, and licensed counselor/clinical supervisor in Oregon and Montana. Her personal and professional guiding values are connection and authenticity, weaving together wholehearted leadership, relational generosity, and humanistic mindfulness.
Angela has a background in Psychology and holds a Doctorate of Education in Interdisciplinary Leadership from Creighton University, emphasizing the synergy and creativity that arises when people from various backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives join together to learn, lead, and grow. She integrates a holistic perspective into her work with others as a Certified Dare to Lead ™ Facilitator (CDTLF) trained by Brené Brown in June 2019. Although Angela coaches and works with individuals and groups across many sectors, her specialty within the Dare to Lead ™ facilitator community is as a Courage Catalyst supporting educators and non-profit organizations wanting to cultivate braver and more connecting communities and work cultures.
Angela promotes a Humanistic Leadership perspective and is a specialist in the areas of transformational learning, human development, trauma, grief, transitions, relational connection, systemic change processes, well-being, and self-care. She is a published writer and scholarly researcher focused on humanistic leadership, creating cultures of care in organizations, fostering vital communities of practice, and leading and living authentically in the post-Covid world.
Angela deeply values the resilience of the human spirit and the power of courageous leadership!
More About Dr. Brené Brown
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston, where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly lists.
Further information on Dr. Brené Brown and this program is available at: daretolead.brenebrown.com
**Only Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitators are approved to facilitate this workshop at the permission of Dr. Brené Brown and BBEARG (Brené Brown Education and Research Group). Brené Brown will not be facilitating this workshop. Certified facilitators are authorized to issue "Dare to Lead™ Trained" certificates and the "Dare to Lead™ Trained" badge for LinkedIn to individuals upon successful completion of the full 24-hour training.
Where is it happening?5736 Northeast 33rd Avenue,Portland,97211,US, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: