CUUPS Full Moon Celebration January 2022
Sat Jan 15 2022 at 07:30 pm to 09:30 pm
Unitarian Universalist Church of Tampa | Tampa, FL
About this Event
Basics about CUUPS: Circles in the Woods CUUPS is a committee of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Tampa (UUCT). While CUUPS members actively participate in various activities, CUUPS welcomes and sponsors other local covens and pagan groups as guests to present full moon celebration rituals and other pagan related activities. All are welcome who come in Perfect Love and Perfect Trust!
About January's Full Moon Celebration: Join us at 7:30pm on Jan 15 for a Blessing of the Community. Several groups will come together to offer blessings to our community. We have a diverse community with many traditions and tribes. We worked hard to represent many of them in this ritual. Let's start the year off right together as we come together to bless and honor our community. We have a fun, family-friendly evening planned. So, please come join us in the Dome! For our brothers and sisters unable to join us, a recording of the ritual will be posted afterward on the CUUPS Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/595527320963118/), CUUPS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CIWCUUPSTampa) and on the CUUPS Calendar page (https://uutampa.org/cuups-calendar/).
Reopening Info: We are very excited to be back at the Dome after being away for so long due to COVID. However, reopening does come with some new ways of operating safely. The following are guidelines issued by the RSC Committee of UU Tampa which we will be following:
- Masks are required indoors for all individuals at this time.
- We request that you RSVP with your contact information to reserve your spot. We request contact information for contact tracing purposes only. All of your information will be kept confidential.
- No food or drink is allowed in the building. (So we will not be celebrating our traditional wine and loaf.)
- Soft singing is permitted by participants.
- Kids and families are encouraged to sit in the balcony to protect children who cannot be vaccinated at this time.
- Please leave a chair between households for social distancing. Social distancing between households should be maintained at all times.
- One person in the restroom at a time.
- Do not come to UUCT if in the last two weeks: (a.) You or someone you have been in contact with has had new or worsening of one or more of the following: chills, fever, sore throat, cough, trouble breathing, runny nose, muscle or body aches or pains, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, loss of appetite, loss of taste or smell, unusual fatigue. OR (b.) You or someone you have been in contact with has tested positive for the Covid-19 virus or has been diagnosed or thought to have Covid-19 (transmission can occur from infected individuals even if they have no symptoms) unless you have been without any of the aforementioned symptoms in the 14 days since then.
- Wash/sanitize your hands as you are coming to the UUCT campus. Sanitize your hands using UUCT available automatic hand sanitizers posted at entry and exit points.
While these are the ones that affect our rituals the MOST, the full list of guidelines can be found here: https://uutampa.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/RSC-guidelines-revised-10-12-2021.pdf By registering for an event at the UU, you are agreeing to abide by the guidelines established on this page and in the printed document.
These restrictions are temporary and are changing as the church moves forward. Right now, we are in Phase 1 of reopening. Please be patient with us as we begin to gather again in person.
The purpose of Circles in the Woods CUUPS is to:
- Promote the understanding and practice of Earth-centered spirituality groups within UUCT;
- Provide information, networking and education materials on Paganism and Earth-centered spirituality to UUCT and the general public;
- Encourage the development of theo/alogical and liturgical materials based on Earth and Nature-centered religious and spiritual perspectives;
- Encourage the sub-groups to initiate at least one ritual or workshop a year to be offered to the Unitarian Universalist Church fellowship;
- Foster healing relationship with the Earth and all the Earth’s children.
Circles in the Woods is the sponsor and liaison for affiliated pagan study groups that meet at UUCT.
For questions or concerns, contact us at [email protected]
Where is it happening?Unitarian Universalist Church of Tampa, 11400 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: