Creative Hearts Club
Tue Jun 13 2023 at 06:00 pm to 08:00 pm
Alive's Grief Center | Nashville, TN
About this Event
Alive’s weekly Drop-in Creative Hearts Club provides campers opportunities to explore their creativity through a variety of expressive arts and community-building activities with peers who have experienced the death of a special person.
Engaging with the creative arts can be a powerful healing experience for people coping with grief and loss. The Club is led by professional grief counselors, trained volunteers, and professional artists who utilize creative interventions such as photography, theater, music, sculpting, and creative writing to promote the self-expression of grief. Guardians attend the last day of the club for an “art show” and “dinner theater,” providing a guided opportunity for the camper to share insights into their work and grief experience with a goal of increasing family communication around the loss.
Campers will :
- Collaborate and work on individual projects in a variety of expressive arts (visual arts, movement, writing, and performance arts).
- Attend unique workshops with local teaching artists.
- Receive support from grief counselors and volunteers via small group sessions.
- Learn mindfulness techniques to promote coping and emotional regulation
- June 13th – July 18th (no meeting on 4th of July) Camp runs on Tuesday evenings, 6pm-8pm.
- Offered for ages 8-17 yrs.
- $50 total or $10/session. Need-based scholarships available
- Dinner is provided free of charge.
Where is it happening?Alive's Grief Center, 1721 Patterson St, Nashville, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: