Connect to Protect Conference
Sat Aug 05 2023 at 08:00 am to 04:00 pm
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln | Lincoln, NE
About this Event
Sex trafficking is an epidemic in Nebraska, and lack of awareness is the leading vulnerability among our youth...
Research indicates 1 out of every 250 high school and middle school students in Nebraska enter the sex trade each year. Our organization, which fights sex trafficking in Nebraska through Street Outreach and awareness, has encountered victimized children as young as 10 years old.
Connect to Protect will be the first conference to specifically address sex trafficking in Lincoln, Nebraska. We are calling on parents, youth + the general public to join us on Saturday, August 5th and become more equipped to protect youth against sex trafficking where we live.
This is YOUR chance to make Lincoln a safer place for our youth, a healing place for survivors, and a dangerous place for traffickers and buyers!
Thanks to Union Bank & Trust + The Big Give, registration costs are low! Registration includes lunch and refreshments.
- $25 / Individual – Early Bird Special (Before June 1)
- $30 / Individual (After June 1)
- $35 / Couple
Conference Schedule (subject to change):
- 7:30am - 8:00am: Check In + Light Breakfast
- 8:00am - 9:00am: The Reality of Sex Trafficking in Lincoln
- 9:15am - 10:15am: Shaped by Social Media
- 10:30am - 11:30am: The Grooming Process
- 11:45am - 12:45pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: End the Demand
- 2:15pm - 3:15pm: Parent Alert
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm: Closing Remarks + Resources
Special thanks to Union Bank & Trust for this opportunity to further educate our community on the realities of sex trafficking and increase our efforts to protect youth from falling victim.
Where is it happening?Embassy Suites by Hilton Lincoln, 1040 P Street, Lincoln, United States
USD 25.00 to USD 35.00