Conflict Management and Difficult Behaviours
Thu May 18 2023 at 09:30 am to 03:30 pmUTC+10:00
Christie Conference Centre Sydney | North Sydney, NS
About this Event
We all know how damaging unresolved workplace conflict between individuals and groups can be.
Similarly, allowing one or more team members to exhibit challenging or unacceptable behaviour will reduce morale, productivity and weaken team culture.
Leaving these problems unchecked isn’t an option!
Fortunately, this one-day course will provide you with insights into why conflict and unacceptable behaviour occurs. Just as importantly, you will be provided with a ‘toolkit’ of practical ideas, tips and techniques that will help you resolve the problem quickly and effectively.
- The causes of workplace conflict
- Managing conflict between individuals or groups
- Managing conflict between you and another
- How to identify your conflict management ‘style’
- Practical and proven resolution techniques
- Understanding why people display ‘challenging’ behaviours
- How to manage their emotions … and yours
- How to set behavioural standards and expectations
- How emotional intelligence techniques will help
- Proven techniques to help you manage unacceptable behaviour
Who's it for?
- Senior executives
- Team leaders
- Human resources managers
- Board or committee members
- Anyone who wants these problems resolved
- A clear understanding of the nature and causes of workplace conflict and difficult behaviours
- A deep insight into your conflict management style and how to adjust it
- Practical skills in managing and resolving conflict and difficult behaviours
- The acquisition of advantageous leadership skills
- Use coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and situations
Wendy Jocum is an experienced coach and facilitator, helping teams and individuals to deal with differences and conflicts that occur both in the workplace and in their personal lives. Wendy is well-known for her engaging workshops that include useful strategies for creating positive outcomes with both stakeholders (internal or external) and personal relationships. Wendy provides practical tools and skills which help to influence assertiveness positively, listening, expectation management, negotiating, and co-operating, which lead to beneficial outcomes. Wendy's impressive accreditation allows her to assist people and teams with communicating, influencing, conflict, and leadership styles.
Where is it happening?Christie Conference Centre Sydney, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: