Chord of Sympathy salon w/ musician Natalie Carol and poet Kerry McPherson
Thu Jun 08 2023 at 07:30 pm to 10:30 pm
Philosophical Research Society | Los Angeles, CA
About this Event
Chord of Sympathy salon with musician Natalie Carol and poet Kerry McPherson – [Courtyard Live Music Event]
In celebration of the spring release of Chord of Sympathy, Valley Queen's new album, songwriter Natalie Carol will join with poet/filmmaker Kerry Elizabeth McPherson for a special salon at PRS.
Join them in conversation, song, and poem for a wild-ranging exploration of text, incubation, and the nature of inspiration!
Natalie Carol is a singer-songwriter living in Los Angeles, CA. While performing, recording and touring with her musical project, Valley Queen, Natalie has worked previously facilitating creative writing incubators in youth detention centers and workshops throughout LA County, as well as teaching song writing and music. Her band, Valley Queen, released their debut record, Supergiant, in 2018 and their sophomore record, Chord of Sympathy, came out April 21st of this year via First City Artists.
Kerry Elizabeth McPherson is a filmmaker, screenwriter and poet, from a fishing village in Nova Scotia, now based in LA. Her debut book of poetry, The Ecstatic Orphan (Cloud Publishing, Vancouver) was released in 2021. She is developing a punk noir detective series set in 1970's Los Angeles, and a rock opera film entitled Comic Strip.
Suggested Donation: $20 (in-person and Zoom options available)
If you have any questions please email [email protected] or phone 323-663-2167.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges for PRS events, except in the event of a medical emergency, including but not limited to a positive COVID-19 test.
In the event that PRS is forced to cancel an event entirely, tickets will be refunded or vouchers offered for a rescheduled event.
PRS EVENT POLICIES
* We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
* Events are subject to change without notice, including guest speakers and/or performers.
* We encourage you to arrive at least 30 min. before the scheduled event start time to find parking, enjoy the Bookstore and take your seats.
* Please turn off all mobile devices before the show. Talking and texting are not allowed during the events.
* No filming, audio recording or mobile phone recording of events, screenings, concerts or other programs by audience members is allowed.
* There is no smoking permitted on PRS grounds.
* We strongly encourage guests to wear masks to PRS events to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
* PRS allows Service Animals into the facility under ADA and state guidelines. For further details please visit www.ADA.gov. No animals permitted whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support, under ADA guidelines and CA Health Code.
* Please do not bring outside food or drink into PRS events.
* Weapons are strictly prohibited at PRS events.
To ensure safety for visitors and staff, PRS has implemented the following measures:
* Please stay home if you are feeling sick. Check the CDC website for coronavirus symptoms.
* Please do not visit if you come in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days prior to your visit.
* Face masks are strongly recommended to all visitors and staff indoors. See LA County recommendations.
* Please use the outdoor courtyard when eating or drinking.
* Capacity is limited for the purposes of safety.
* Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the campus.
* All visitors must follow the posted rules.
Los Angeles County: https://covid19.lacounty.gov
Los Angeles City: https://coronavirus.lacity.org
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. Those visiting the Philosophical Research Society, Inc. do so at their own risk of such exposure.
Where is it happening?Philosophical Research Society, 3910 Los Feliz Boulevard, Los Angeles, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: