CalTest: Electrical equipment for energy efficiency measurements
Thu Feb 23 2023 at 05:30 pm to 06:30 pm
University of South Australia, City West Campus, Bradley Forum | Adelaide, SA
**Networking & Refreshments from 5:00pm. Presentation from 5:30pm.**
About this Event
*This is an in-person event and will NOT be available online or recorded*Timing:
Networking and Refreshments available from 5:00 pm. The seminar is scheduled for 5:30pm and intending on question time to be finished by approximately 6:30pm.Synopsis:
This presentation describes CalTest’s activities involving the determination of the energy efficiency of components and systems including electric motors, variable speed drives, distribution transformers, water pumps and air-compressors. The presentation will explain the way in which modern instrumentation plays a vital role in making such measurements.Speaker:
Andrew Baghurst, Director CalTest Electrical Measurements, Testing and Consulting.
Director CalTest Electrical Measurements, Testing and Consulting
After graduation from the University of Adelaide, Andrew Baghurst lectured in electrical engineering at the University of South Australia, where he established the Australian Electrical Testing Centre, specialising in short-circuit, heavy current and high voltage testing, measurements and research.
He left that institution as Associate Professor of Electrical Power Engineering in 1997 to set up CalTest, his own business in Port Elliot, South Australia. CalTest is NATA accredited, and has interests and capability in the above general areas, but now includes facilities for tests and efficiency measurements on equipment including electric motors, variable speed drives and distribution transformers.
Andrew is active in a range of international and national standards groups.Free EESA Member Discount Code
You may notice that the new EESA website automatically applies the member discounts to EESA event registrations when members are logged in. However, as the SA Chapter is hosting events with EventBrite, we have created these promo codes to apply member discounts when registering with EventBrite.
EESA members please enter your Promotional Code first at Ticket Box. This is a unique code generated for you with your name and membership number, with spaces and punctuation removed. Please use the following to work out your discount code using your last name (as entered into the last name field in your membership profile). The following examples apply for membership number 12345678 and various last names:
- Last name of "Bloggs" is BLOGGS12345678
- Last name of "O'Bloggs" is OBLOGGS12345678
- Last name of "B-C D'e Gg-Hh" is BCDEGGHH12345678
EESA Members can find their member number on the EESA website when they login. Please don't hesitate to contact Joe for any assistance working out your free access code at [email protected]FAQ's
What is my member number?
- Login to the EESA website, and it'll tell you after a successful login. https://www.eesa.org.au/login If you need help with login in, follow the prompts and advice with EESA and the contact form if necessary.
Why is it saying my registration discount code has already been used?
- You've possibly already activated the discount code, and let the registration process time out. It only works once to avoid people sharing their discount codes, so please contact Joe (email above) for assistance to reactivate your code.
- How do I buy tickets for multiple people? Sorry, we don't allow bulk ticket purchases because we'd prefer people to register individually. This way, it gives the individuals attending the opportunity to remain connected with EESA on EventBrite, which any individual at any stage can unsubscribe from.
Why is my member code not accepted, even though I'm a member?
- Sorry about this, there are few occurrences every presentation where this happens as there can be a small delay before we can see your membership in the database. Please contact Joe (email above) for help with this if required. Hopefully by the next SA Chapter event, your membership status will not only be activated but visible to the SA Chapter organisers creating your discount codes.
- Be sure to read the above advice on working out what your discount code is very carefully. Thanks!
Where is it happening?University of South Australia, City West Campus, Bradley Forum, Level 5, Hawke Building, Adelaide, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: