Build the Future with Apprenticeships | GM Employers Event
Wed Feb 09 2022 at 10:00 am to 03:00 pm
Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce | Manchester, EN
About this Event
Join Skills for Growth - SME Support with Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce and Greater Manchester Combined Authority as part of National Apprenticeship Week 2022 on Wednesday 9 February and discover how Apprenticeships can accelerate growth in your business.
- Date: Wednesday 9 February
- Time: 10 AM- 3PM (morning session 10AM-12PM / Afternoon session 1PM-3PM)
- Location: Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, Elliot House, 151 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3WD
- Free to attend
Learn about the top skills, support and funding available to businesses in Greater Manchester and find out how an Apprenticeship can help your business grow and provide your employees with the skills and training they need to progress.
Why should you attend:
- Learn about apprenticeships and their role in growing a business
- Introduction to Skills for Growth - SME Support Programme - fully funded support to grow your business and access to an apprenticeship specialist
- Learn about the Greater Manchester Levy MatchMaking service and how it can support your business in funding apprenticeships, as well as the other grants and funding options available
- Introduction to Bridge GM - the largest network of business, education leaders and careers professionals in Greater Manchester
- Introduction to GM Skills Map - the Skills for Growth online course directory and online portal signposts employers to 1800+ training courses and over 180+ training providers across Greater Manchester
- Network with like-minded businesses, training providers and industry professionals in the exhibition area
- Hear from industry experts, business professionals and SME businesses who have developed and incorporated an apprenticeship strategy within their business plan
- Tom Pickford, Partnership & Integration Manager - Skills For Growth – SME Support
- Amy Glanville, Apprenticeships Programme Manager - Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Bronwyn Raper, Operational Hub Lead - Bridge GM
- Suzanne McNicholas, Apprenticeship Specialist - Skills for Growth - SME Support
- Steven Green, Skills Map Officer - GM Skills Map
- Tom Fletcher, Director - Firstplay Dietary Foods
- Hannah Schilling, Business Manager - Enercret Ltd (UK)
- Skills for Growth - SME Support
- GM Skills Map
- Greater Manchester Levy MatchMaking Service
- Juice Academy
- GC Education and Skills
- The Specialists Hub
- Salford City College
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Babington Business College
- Co-op Levy share
Register today and start developing your team through apprenticeships and workplace learning.
Keeping you Safe
Your safety is paramount. We are taking steps to ensure the event is as safe as possible given the COVID-19 pandemic. We want you to have a great day out and enjoy your visit with confidence knowing we have the safety of our visitors, exhibitors, and colleagues as our highest priority. We will operate under the appropriate Government guidelines and the Event industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of guidelines to ensure our events are operating under COVID-19 secure measures.
All event attendees will be kept up to date with our approach to COVID-19 mitigation measures once they have registered.
How we will keep you safe
• We will be limiting the overall number of attendees at the event, entry will be subject to pre-registration.
• There is a temperature check at the entrance of the venue
• The venue is regularly sanitised and cleaning products are located around the building. The venue is cleaned regularly to ensure a safe environment
• Track and trace is requested on arrival at the venue
• We encourage the wearing of face coverings for individuals that wish to do so, but we will not be enforcing the use of facemasks within the venue.
• Attendees and exhibitors may also be required to demonstrate their COVID status. This can easily be done using the NHS COVID Pass which is available through the NHS App or the NHS website.
If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste) or have recently been contacted and asked to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace (and are not exempt), then please do not attend.
To get the NHS COVID Pass you will need to have received one of the following:
• Full course of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the event
• Negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test taken within the past 48 hours
o Lateral flow tests are widely available from local test centres, pharmacies, your employer, or via the post. Please see Regular rapid lateral flow coronavirus (COVID-19) tests - NHS (www.nhs.uk) to obtain further information
o If you do a rapid lateral flow test at home, the results of this test will need to be reported at https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
• Positive PCR test within the past 6 months (natural immunity)
Filming and photography at the event
By attending the Event, you agree that we may use, reproduce and/or publish in any way whatsoever (without any payment being due to you) any photographs and/or video/audio that may pertain to you (including your image, likeness and/or your voice) and that we may licence others to do the same. You agree that such material may be used in our publications, public affairs releases, broadcast material and on our website, or for other related purposes. This agreement will continue until you notify us in writing that permission is withdrawn.
About Skills for Growth - SME Support
Skills for Growth – SME Support is a fully funded skills consultation service tailored to help upskill your employees, improve productivity and develop the opportunity for growth. We work at your pace to help you grow your business through reshaping, developing your talent and enhancing your team’s performance.
The service is fully funded and includes:
- A dedicated account manager for your business
- Bespoke business diagnostic to identify skills gaps and growth opportunity
- Tailored skills and career development plans for your individual employees
- Access to specialist support in Apprenticeships and Health and Wellbeing
- Calendar of exclusive workshops and events
- Exclusive access to purpose-built course directory and learning management system, GM Skills Map www.gmskillsmap.co.uk
Find out more at www.skillsforgrowthsme.co.uk
Where is it happening?Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, 151 Deansgate, Manchester, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: