Bat Paddle - A Guided Sunset Tour
Fri Jun 11 2021 at 06:30 pm to 09:30 pm
Rowing Dock | Austin, TX
About this Event
Join Rowing Dock for one of our most popular and spectacular excursions!
Paddle in one of our kayaks solo or with a friend 2 miles to the famous Congress Avenue Bridge, home to the largest urban bat population in the world. Watch and listen as over 1.5 million bats fly overhead on their way to their nightly feeding. This 4-mile round-trip kayak excursion is accompanied by our excellent Rowing Dock Guides. Along the way, you will be able to take in the sights such as the city skyline, the Austin power plant, Auditorium Shores, and much more. All viewed from one of the most serene places in town, Lady Bird Lake.
Please arrive at the dock no later than 6:30 pm. The event staff will check you in, fit you for life jackets, and review the paddle safety briefing before helping you into your boat. Please be prepared to show a digital copy of your ticket on site.
What to Bring
- We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes that can get wet. Shoes are optional.
- We will issue a light for each boat, but you are welcome to bring additional lighting. All of our kayaks have room to store water and snacks, so feel free to bring those along.
- Please DO NOT bring glass, and make sure that you bring a bag or container to secure your trash in the boat for the duration of the paddle.
- We do sell water and Gatorade at the dock. There are cubbies at the dock that you can leave items you wish to keep dry. We also have splash bags available for use at no additional cost.
- Facial coverings are encouraged while on-land.
There is a minimum of 6 guests for this event. If the minimum headcount is not met by 3:00 PM on the day of the event, it will be canceled. Ticket holders will be given the opportunity to move to a different day of the week, book a private paddle at an increased cost, or received a refund.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Children under 18 must have a parent sign their rental waiver. Children under 16 must have a parent on the water with them for this event.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Rowing Dock has a dedicated parking lot. If the parking lot is full, there is street parking under Mopac Bridge.
Can I bring my dog?
This is not a great event for pets. Please leave your fur children at home.
Where is it happening?Rowing Dock, 2418 Stratford Drive, Austin, United States
USD 55.00 to USD 90.00