Awakening Joy, Wonder & Peace in Nature
Sun Dec 11 2022 at 09:30 am to 02:30 pm
Rock Spring Picnic Area | Mill Valley, CA
About this Event
Nature meditation is mindfulness in nature, tuning into the earth's rhythms and vibrations and letting the earth come through you. Profound states of joy, peace and deep connection may arise. During our time together, we will immerse ourselves in nature, cultivating a receptive, embodied quality of attention where states of joy, awe, wonder, and love are more accessible.
- Experience sensory-based mindfulness activities that increase awareness and attention
- Tune in with guided meditations to awaken our sensory perceptions and explore themes of awareness, awe, wonder and gratitude.
- Learn about the local flora and fauna, including the cultural and medicinal uses of the plants we encounter.
- Explore and open up our bodies through movement, hiking, yoga and chi gong
- Cultivate an engaged relationship with the natural world that is based on reciprocity
Please note that we will spend the majority of the time in Silence.
This workshop will include walking over uneven terrain. Participants should expect to walk between two-three miles over the course of the day, with stops for yoga and meditation within that time. There will also be time spent sitting on the earth for 20-30 minutes at a time. More information about how to prepare will be sent to registrants in advance, but encourage you to email [email protected] if you have questions.
All are Welcome
Nature Yoga Movement & Mindfulness Facilitation (NYMF) is a fully immersive nature and embodiment program developed through over twenty years of experience as a healer, naturalist, and environmental educator. Guided by the principles of eco-psychology, native wisdom, and Buddhist philosophy, I combine unique nature experiences with yoga, movement and mindfulness to help you find a deeper connection to the natural world and yourself.
Where is it happening?Rock Spring Picnic Area, East Ridgecrest Boulevard, Mill Valley, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 0.00 to USD 111.00