Attracting, Employing and Retaining Diverse Talent
Wed Sep 27 2023 at 01:30 pm to 03:30 pm
Broad Gate | Leeds, EN
About this Event
We’ll be hosting a Generation panel event in partnership with Hays Recruitment, (followed by informal networking) on Wednesday 27 September, find out more below.
At Generation we understand that attracting and recruiting diverse talent in the tech industry is more complex than just making a great statement on Job Descriptions and hoping for the best. Our bootcamp learners, whilst hugely talented and motivated for success, typically experience multiple barriers entering the workplace. Whether that’s through a lack of industry experience or a related degree; or coming from a low socio-economic background, our capacity to support people with multiple barriers is a key ingredient in our success in unlocking opportunities for both job seekers and employers in the region, connecting underrepresented talent with growing organisations.
We’ll host a panel event with representation from each key function in the Generation machine to explore what common themes occur and what businesses need to consider at each stage of an applicant’s employment journey. We’ll also hear directly from a Generation bootcamp graduate about how their experience has supported their personal and professional development.
Following the panel there will be an informal drinks reception and networking opportunity with Generation staff and guests.
What will be covered?
- Learn more about the barriers to employment potential candidates have experienced and are continuing to face
- Ideas on how to enhance your employee value prospect to attract a wider and more diverse pool of candidates
- An understanding of what people from diverse backgrounds look for and need in their employers
- The social impact you can make through employing these candidates and the benefits this can bring to a business
- The work Generation does to get people ready to join your tech teams
- Ashlene Smith – Senior Programme Manager (Leeds and Glasgow)
- Anthony Foy – Senior Technical Instructor
- Matt Lucid – Learning Manager
- Jess Young – Partnerships Director (Leeds and Manchester)
Who should attend?
Talent Acquisition and HR/Recruitment leads, tech employers looking to diversify their workforce, anyone with an interest in attracting, employing and retaining more diverse talent.
Wed 27 September Time TBC
Broad Gate, 1 The Headrow, Leeds LS1 8EQ
If you have any queries please contact Christopher Hulme [email protected] (Employer Partnership Manager)
Where is it happening?Broad Gate, 22 - 26 The Headrow, Leeds, United Kingdom
Event Location & Nearby Stays: