Astrophotography with Matt Chesebrough
Fri Aug 18 2023 at 12:00 pm to Sun Aug 20 2023 at 03:00 pm
Henry W. Coe State Park | Morgan Hill, CA
About this Event
Photographing the night sky requires a photographer to become familiar with a different set of skills than they may have used when photographing during the day. The purpose of this workshop is to introduce you to the process of planning and executing photographs of the night sky.
Skill Level: This workshop is for photographers who have an understanding of the following:
- Controlling exposure using a combination of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling their camera/equipment (you will be working in the dark with limited additional lighting)
- Working in manual mode
For beginners, we recommend taking Matt's Beginner Photography Workshop scheduled on July 8th, 2023.
Early Bird Rate: $375
Register by Saturday, August 5th to take advantage of the Early Bird Rate.
Student Capacity: Min: 5 | Max: 7
If minimum capacity of 5 students is not met by August, 12th, the class will be cancelled/rescheduled.
Materials: An in-depth materials list will be provided by the instructor.
- Aug 18: Chesebrough will be hosting a virtual introduction and lecture. Time to be determined.
- Aug 19th: Students will be meeting on location at Henry Coe State Park from 3:30pm to 1:00 am
- Aug: 20th: Chesebrough will be hosting virtual Q&A session, along with a 30-minute, online, one-on-one editing review. Schedule to be determined by instructor.
Location: Henry Coe State Park in Morgan Hill CA, 95037.
About the Artist:
Matt Chesebrough is a creative fine art landscape and commercial photographer based in Santa Clara, CA. He stepped away from a successful engineering career in the midwest and moved to California to chase his dream of becoming a full-time professional photographer. Over the last few years, Matt has traveled the world chasing light and capturing one-of-a-kind landscapes. He enjoys sharing his adventures with family, friends, and strangers along the way. When he is not hiking to a remote location, Matt enjoys volunteering for local and national conservation organizations. His vision is to share the world with others, inspire a sense of adventure, and to make a difference for the planet.
Where is it happening?Henry W. Coe State Park, 9000 East Dunne Avenue, Morgan Hill, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays: