Annual Compliance Forum 2022 - Auckland
Tue Oct 11 2022 at 09:00 am to 04:00 pmUTC+13:00
Auckland Rose Park Hotel | Auckland, AU
About this Event
This is the one time of the year that councils, BCAs, IQP’s, WOF agents and facility managers come together to learn from each other, chew over the hard stuff.
You are invited to be part of the latest conversations.
This forum is for:
Staff working in Compliance, Companies, IQP firms, and IQPs, Council staff working in BWOF Compliance, Compliance Schedule writing, Managers of IQP registers, Facility Managers, Asset Managers, Building owners and owners agents.
There will be plenty of time to go over your own questions and answers as a group, so that you leave feeling more empowered to know what to do and where to go for the information.
Make new connections and do business with each other.
Includes all refreshments and a networking lunch.
We know you don’t often stop for lunch in your working week, in this session you will not only stop for lunch but also have the bonus of networking.
We can't wait to see you there.
Welcome and Introductions
Session 1: Industry update – what is happening in the world of compliance?
- Changes to laws and performance standards
- New products on the market
- Design changes – fire, HVAC, electrical, interface
- Personnel changes – staffing, contractors, the overhaul of trade education
- What’s on the horizon – MBIE Code changes coming your way
Session 2: Getting it right from the start
- Clarity of who is responsible for what through the compliance journey
- Where to find the right information in the consent or construction documentation
- Linking building consents, construction, and verification to handover of projects
- Case studies of where designers have got it right
Session 3: Nutting it out - How to deal with problem areas
- Exempt work – clarifying processes for commercial
- Certificates of acceptance and unauthorised installations
- Building consents including specified systems
- Interpreting fire reports, floor plans and as-builts
- Sorting out intertrade issues
Session 4: Making it easy
- Simple apps, systems and templates you can use to make the job easier
- Owners’ checks – who should be doing them and how to record in a 2022 way
- Case studies: verifying passive fire and intertrade work
Session 5: Getting everyone onboard
- Project communications – who is responsible for getting it right
- Observations and suggested fixes to the breakdown in compliance communications between projects and facility management
- Changing tenants and occupant behaviour so things are right onsite
- Monthly check ins to keep things on track
Wrap up and next steps
Facilitated by our very own founder and director, Rosemary (Rosie) Killip
Plus Guest Speaker - video presentations
Your Facilitator: Rosemary (Rosie Killip) Director, Founder and CEO, Building Networks
Rosemary is an international speaker, author and training practitioner specialising in building law. She is a sought after speaker for building conferences and a regular commentator on building compliance in New Zealand.
With substantial insider knowledge of how councils review and interpret the Building Act rules, she brings practical insights and wisdom from over three decades years of working alongside building compliance staff, Council staff, building inspectors and building owners.
** If COVID - 19 lock down levels change in a way that impacts meeting in person or travel restrictions are imposed we will run this conference in an interactive online platform on the same date as the live event is scheduled for.
Where is it happening?Auckland Rose Park Hotel, 92-102 Gladstone Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand
Event Location & Nearby Stays: