An Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week Course — Mt Eden
Tue Feb 14 2023 at 07:00 pm to Tue Mar 07 2023 at 07:00 pm
Mt Eden War Memorial Hall (Chambers Room) | Auckland, AU
About this Event
An Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course. Each class is one hour, once per week. This course is practical, non-religious and designed for beginners. The course includes
- 4 classes with an experienced mindfulness trainer
- 4-week subscription to the full version of the CALM app
- Downloadable guided mindfulness meditations for you to keep
- A 45-page guidebook
“Using mindfulness to help me better manage unrelenting anxiety, obsessive worrying & sadness. I have found that using the apps is helpful when having a stressful day, & I intend to keep practicing daily. Thank you.” — Cecily Wilson
Mindfulness means “paying attention in a particular way; On purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.” — Jon Kabat Zinn (Professor of Medicine Emeritus Stress Reduction Clinic and the Centre for Mindfulness in Medicine).
The benefits of regular mindfulness are…
✔ Reduced stress and anxiety
✔ Improved sleeping patterns
✔ Less self-judgement and more self-acceptance
✔ Greater feelings of joy and freedom
✔ Improved mental health
✔ Effective ways to work with difficult thoughts and emotions
“Mental Health Foundation mental health promoter Grant Rix says mindfulness has been shown to benefit our brains to such an extent that we can feel calmer, more aware, have an increased ability to focus and concentrate, remember things better and feel happier.” — NZ Mental Health Foundation Press Release July 2012
✔ Full length 4-week course so you can practise and report back.
✔ No risk money-back guarantee; if you attend all the classes and don’t feel you have received any benefit get your money back.
✔ Includes 4-week subscription to the premium version of the CALM mindfulness and meditation app.
✔ New Zealand’s number one mindfulness course.
✔ Exclusive 45-page guidebook including weekly assignments, indepth articles and a reading list.
✔ Over 15 guided downloadable guided meditations for you to keep.
✔ No religion. No dogma. No funny positions. Practical and non-religious course.
✔ Designed for absolute beginners
Week 1: What is Mindfulness?
- What mindfulness is
- The benefits of mindfulness and meditation
- Guided body scan mindfulness meditation.
Week 2: Working with the Mind
- Why thinking can be problematical
- Practical ways to work with difficult thoughts
- Self-judgement and how to intervene
- Guided mindfulness meditation — counting the breath.
Week 3: Working with Emotions
- What are emotions?
- Learning to feel emotions
- The RAIN method
- Non-judgement and acceptance
- Guided mindfulness meditation on feelings.
Week 4: Radical Acceptance
- What it means to be present
- How "wanting things to be different" causes stress
- Developing wisdom and insight
- Authentic self-compassion
- Open awareness guided mindfulness meditation
- Next steps.
YOUR FACILITATOR IS GLENDA IRWIN
Glenda is a lead facilitator for Mindfulness Works and trains other facilitators in the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation course. She has authored numerous mindfulness courses and is the author of the official follow-on courses: Mindfulness 2.0 and Mindfulness and Relationships. She is also part of the Mindfulness Works for Organisations (MWFO) team of experts who deliver mindfulness as a professional competency within organisations.
Glenda came to teach secular mindfulness practices through her own parenting experiences and her commitment to a philosophy of mindful awareness. She studied with the USA teacher Amy Saltzman in 2010 and has continually pursued professional development throughout her teaching career. Trained in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and CFT (Compassion-Focussed Therapy), Glenda is also a student of Psychology at AUT University. Her level of coaching qualification is that of Trainer Master Coach whereby she supports ANZCAL coaches to use mindfulness in theirs, and their clients’ response to change.
During Glenda’s lengthy career in teaching and one-to-one support, she has trained literally thousands of individuals. She continues to see her work as a privilege and receives consistently excellent feedback.
To engage Glenda as a therapist, contact her at [email protected] or use her booking service https://mindfulnesswithGlendaIrwin.as.me/
Mindfulness Works is the largest mindfulness training organisation in New Zealand. Over 15,000 people have completed the Mindfulness Works Introduction to Mindfulness and Meditation 4-week course
Mindfulness Works is committed to:
- Providing accessible and affordable mindfulness courses.
- Offering a diverse range of experienced and skilled mindfulness trainers.
- Providing courses in a practical format with exceptional supporting resources.
- Improving the mental health of all of us and fostering self-love in all.
- Supporting our facilitators with options for further professional development.
Where is it happening?Mt Eden War Memorial Hall (Chambers Room), 489 Dominion Road, Auckland, New Zealand
Event Location & Nearby Stays: