Amythyst Kiah @ FREMONT ABBEY
Fri Mar 10 2023 at 08:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Fremont Abbey Arts Center | Seattle, WA
About this Event
AMYTHYST KIAH: amythystkiah.com
"The Rounder Records debut from Amythyst Kiah, Wary + Strange marks the glorious collision of two vastly different worlds: the iconoclastic alt-rock that first sparked her musical passion, and the roots/old-time-music scene where she’s found breakout success in recent years, including recognition from Rolling Stone as “one of Americana’s great up-and-coming secrets.” Along with tapping into the vibrant musicality she honed in part through her studies in East Tennessee State University’s Bluegrass, Old Time, Country Music program, the Chattanooga-bred singer/songwriter expands on the uncompromising artistry she’s displayed as a member of Our Native Daughters—an all-women-of-color supergroup whose Kiah-penned standout “Black Myself” earned a GRAMMY nomination for Best American Roots Song and won Song of the Year at the Folk Alliance International Awards."
- Artist Bio
@ Fremont Abbey Arts Center7p doors, 8p show
All ages, some seating available, bar w/ID
ABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
- Check tickets for show time
- Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- We have a mix of normal chairs, some tall chairs, and standing room in back.
- Seating is not reserved unless noted.
- Please refrain from talking or texting during the show.
- No video from the seating area please.
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
- Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. All are welcome.
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Venue rental info & more: http://www.fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: http://www.abbeypresents.org
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. www.fremontabbey.org/artsconnect/
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325
Note: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.
See Updated Public Health Safety Info at the bottom of this page under Abbey Arts Presents. All Abbey Arts venues adhere to WA State & King County health guidelines. Thanks for helping keep our community safe!
Where is it happening?Fremont Abbey Arts Center, 4272 Fremont Avenue North, Seattle, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 5.00 to USD 400.00