Agile Recruiter (AR23)
Thu Jun 22 2023 at 09:00 am to 05:00 pmUTC+02:00
Budapest | Budapest, BU
About this Event
This course explores the recruitment legacy and the misconceptions accumulated in the organizational mind. These prevent organizations from access to and attracting the best talent.
Language: This course is in the Slovak (Czech) language. In case, you wish to attend this course in English or Spanish, please, contact Aguarra before purchase.
Note: This is an in-house course. The price is for a small group of up to 8 attendees.
Is this you?
- You are looking for talent on behalf of your organization, and nobody responds to your advertisements?
- People respond to your job advertisements, but they are not meeting your criteria?
- You found a suitable candidate, but you are unable to close the deal?
- You are bringing good candidates but feel that the organization does not value your work?
- The rest of the organization responds slowly or does not co-operate, so you are losing many new possible hires?
- You are interested in radically improving the quality of your hiring process, and you are looking for innovative ideas?
- You are observing an increasing demand for the "agile" professions but you are unsure, what exactly does that mean for you?
- You want to make your organization a better place for top talent, and you are seeking some inspiration?
We have entered the era when knowledge is the main differentiator among organizations and becomes a competitive advantage. Acquiring, creating, and disseminating knowledge across the organization is an underlying principle of every agilization or Agile adoption.
Building knowledge starts with recruiting the right people. Simply the best talent you can find, and you can afford. It is necessary to onboard them effectively and create an environment where they can stay engaged and motivated. Only then do they apply their skills and expertise to their full potential. It is not a single action, a step in the process, or a transaction. Recruitment is the flow of actions that involves multiple stakeholders. And these must intensively collaborate.
However, the recruitment process observed in many organizations has degraded to a level when it is not any longer able to attract the top talent. To the surprise of many, it is the recruiter who became the main obstacle in the company's door. Instead of a welcoming smile, she stands guard to prevent talent from entering your company. How did it become possible, and why is it happening?
The purpose of this course is to help people in HR departments. We will discuss the changes that agile organizations impose on the recruitment process. And consequently on the recruiters, too. We will observe these changes from various perspectives to understand the positive impact they can deliver. We will discuss how candidates progress along their career paths. As well as why it is essential for adjusting the right mutual fit. At the end of the session, you will have inspiration on how to improve your recruitment style and hiring process in your organization. This workshop will help you to become more successful with hiring the right talent and outperforming your competition.
You will learn in the form of lectures, managed discussion, and team collaboration in small groups.
This course is for:
- Recruiters, Human Resource Managers, Talent Acquisition Managers or Talent Hunters in knowledge-intensive organizations
- Upper and middle line management, who feel rudderless due to shortage of talent
- What is an Agile organization & its attributes?
- Knowledge-creating company for the knowledge-intensive business in VUCA.
- Impact of talent variety on creativity, innovation, strategy, and sustainability.
- Boundaries and faultlines.
- Management, motivation, and engagement of talent.
- Network organization, dynamic Plug & Play structures, and virtual teams.
- Recruitment process in an era of Agile.
- Who is the recruiter?
- Gemba for recruiters.
- Recruitment as a team sport.
- Talent resource marketing & job ad communication.
- Hunting for talent – 10 reasons why recruiters can’t find any.
- Typical mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Work alliance and alternative work relations – Know your next job!
- Importance of motivation and engagement (new)
- Innovation & Inspiration.
What do you learn in the course?
- You will learn what is an Agile organization, what challenges does it face, and how the recruiter may deliver value.
- You will learn, why knowledge becomes the key competitive differentiator and how does it relate to motivation and expectations of the technical creative people.
- You will learn to reinvent the way an organization approaches the pool of talent and how to renew it.
- You will learn to lead the recruitment process by inviting its key stakeholders to take their active roles.
- You will learn to escape stereotypes, think out of the box & create your way of your own.
About the trainer – Michal Vallo
Michal is the first Scrum Master in the Czech Republic, founder of the agile community, agile ambassador, and management innovator. He has worked as a manager in several organizations. Now he helps managers and owners of the organizations to become better leaders and to innovate their organizations. Michal holds a master's degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Zilina and gained his MBA in 5 years program at Open University Business School in Milton Keynes, UK.
In 2008, as a managing director Michal led the first agile transformation of the organization in the Czech Republic. He is the founder of Aguarra, a leading educational organization in Eastern Europe, and works internationally as a consultant, trainer of agile techniques, and coach. He initiated Agilia - a line of agile conferences where he worked as a curator, content verifier, and innovator. His Agilia conference is, according to the American website TechBeacon, one of the world's top 20 agile conferences. In 2013 Michal fulfilled the entry requirements of Scrum Alliance and applied for a Certified Scrum Trainer license. Later he has withdrawn his application in protest of changing the movement into an industry of selling certificates. Now he is an independent agile professional working across many sectors and countries.
Where is it happening?Budapest, Hungary
Event Location & Nearby Stays: