5k Beer Run x Goose Island Beer Co. | 2023 IL Brewery Running Series
Wed Jun 07 2023 at 06:30 pm to 09:00 pm
Goose Island Taproom | Chicago, IL
About this Event
We are the Illinois Brewery Running Series™ and we run for beer!
See you at Goose Island on June 7 in Celebration of Global Running Day. Fun run starts from the taproom at 6:30PM.
We've mapped out a 5k-ish course that starts and ends at Goose Island and weaves throughout the Fulton Market neighborhood of Chicago. Run, walk, jog - whatever goes! All ages, all levels are welcome.
Cross the finish line and celebrate! All participants receive:
- A FREE craft brew from Goose Island
- Choice of a collector’s pint glass or seasonal swag item from the Brewery Running Series
- A chance to win sweet door prizes, like Brewery Running Series merchandise or beer to take home
- Access to event festivities like live music, games, goodies and giveaways
- And more!
Our mission is to be active, have fun and give back to our local community. A portion of all proceeds from our events support local nonprofits - over $350k raised to date! This event will add to that tally. 10% goes directly to local organizations like Chicago Parks Foundation, Chicago Run, and more. So not only do you get to enjoy some healthy activity and great, local beer - you are helping us support local organizations that do important work in our community.
Registration is limited to the size of the taproom and many of our events sell out. Sign up today!
- This is an untimed, fun-run. All levels of walkers, runners and joggers are welcome.
- This is an open course, meaning roads will NOT be closed. You are responsible for obeying all traffic laws and regulations.
- We create each route to start and end at the brewery and to show off the surrounding neighborhood. The course will be marked with arrows to help you know where to go.
- You must bring a valid ID or driver's license. You do not need to be 21 to enjoy the event, but you must be 21 to enjoy the beer. Please drink responsibly. Registered, underage participants will receive a token for a FREE non-alcoholic beverage.
- Our events are rain or shine! If conditions become unsafe to run, we will still hang out and drink beer.
- There will not be a bag check; please plan accordingly and dress appropriately for the weather.
- Dogs and strollers are welcome on the course, with care and caution. Please remember - you are running at your own risk on city sidewalks / streets / trails, which might not be suitable for your 4-legged and /or pint size running buddies. You will also want to check with the brewery to make sure you can abide by their dog / underage policies. Please make the best decision possible for your crew.
- Please drink responsibly. We always encourage carpooling and safe, designated drivers.
Keep an eye on your inbox - we will send you all final event details via email the week of this event and share anything else you might need to know to participate.
Questions? Check out our | Contact us at [email protected]
Cheers to beers! We’ll see you at Goose Island!
The Illinois Brewery Running Series is happy to be back with another season of organizing fun run events at local breweries!
We started with one event - a 5k in Minneapolis, MN in celebration of Global Running Day. We now collectively organize over 300 event per year across 20+ states, and counting! Check out our full event line up: www.breweryrunningseries.com
Where is it happening?Goose Island Taproom, 1800 West Fulton Street, Chicago, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 0.00 to USD 100.00