2023 Summer Pride Season hosted by RCSC
Fri Jun 02 2023 at 06:30 pm to 09:00 pm
Bobby Morris Playfield | Seattle, WA
About this Event
The Deadline to Register is May 26, 2023.
PRIDE SEASON is a soccer season dedicated to LGBTQ+ people and their and friends held in the central neighborhood of Capitol Hill during the beautiful summertime of Seattle.
This is amazing opportunity for queer folk of all skill levels and backgrounds to play soccer together weekly, build skills, and build community and friendships. We're so excited you can join us!
- Players will enjoy 8 weeks of games and other benefits.
- Other benefits for players include weekly drink and food specials, weekly drag performances, a jersey, and an end of season party.
- After games, there will always be post-game venues with food and drink specials for players and their fans to connect.
- This is our 3rd year of Pride Season. We are making various improvements to the format and experience, which will be announced in May and throughout the season.
- 8 teams will be inclusively drafted and announced about 1 week before the first week of games.
- All games are at Bobby Morris Playfield at Cal Anderson park in Capitol Hill
- Games will have a similar layout to Pride Season 2022, likely about 9 vs 9 players including the goal keeper. Rosters will likely be about 14 players. We will be using the entire Bobby Morris playfield, split into 2 half fields, as has been done for kickabouts for the past several months.
- Teams will be inclusive of all-genders, skill levels, and sexualities. This is a season to connect with each other and the community! Less experienced players will have the opportunity to learn from advanced players.
- Games are 60 minutes (2 30 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime).
- Players can mutually choose one other player to be paired with. Both players must provide the names during registration. Only one pairing is allowed.
- Player Meet & Greet / Jersey Pickup - TBD
- Week 1 - June 2
- Week 2 - June 9
- Week 3 - June 16
- Week 4 - June 23
- Bye week - no games on June 30
- Week 5 - July 7
- Week 6 - July 14
- Bye week - no games on July 21
- Week 7 - July 28
- Week 8 - August 4
- Season Celebration - TBD
Each week two sets of concurrently run matches with the first set starting at 6:15pm and the second set at 7:50pm each Friday evening. Every week each team will rotate which half of the field field and which time slot they play in.
Are you only interested in or able to play a couple games during Pride Season? Sign up for part-time registration! By doing so, you can play up to 4 games this Pride Season and still get assigned to a team and a jersey in your indicated size! Part-time playing is distinct from free subbing. Part-time players have priority over subs for filling in for full-time players, and subs might only have access to large, extra jerseys.
We need volunteer refs and setup/breakdown crew members.
Refs referee games in the opposite time slot as their own games (if they're playing).
The setup/breakdown crew sets up fields (goals and cones) before games and takes supplies down after games.
If you are interested in any of these roles, please DO NOT register yet and email [email protected]. As a token of our appreciation, volunteers get to enjoy discounted registration!
CLUB ASSISTED REGISTRATION:
RCSC strives to make all of our activities as inclusive and accessible as possible. We've allocated a number of tickets to grant individuals needing assistance with participation and associated costs (for example parking). The past few years have been tough and we are a community that supports one another. These tickets will be prioritized to persons who may not have generational wealth or robust income or who have recently experienced an unforeseen hardship.
No explanation of your financial situation is needed! If you need assistance, please DO NOT register yet and email either of the following emails ([email protected], [email protected]) saying how much of a discount you need, and you will receive a promo code! Club assisted registration will run until registration closes.
- Thank you to Rain City Fit and The Cuff Complex for sponsoring this season!
- If you know an organization or individual who would like to sponsor Rain City Soccer Club, please reach out to [email protected].
Rain City SC’s mission is to provide the community with a safe environment to meet, play soccer, and build community. Our organization helps coordinate various levels of competition from open scrimmages (Kickabout) to competitive teams (in local leagues). RCSC supports LGBTQ+ soccer teams in the Seattle area. The club coordinates special events and community service projects. Checkout our website here.
Where is it happening?Bobby Morris Playfield, 1647 11th Avenue, Seattle, United States
Event Location & Nearby Stays:
USD 5.00 to USD 110.00