2021 TechFuel Startup $100K Pitch Competition
Thu Oct 14 2021 at 06:00 pm to 09:00 pm
Tobin Center for the Performing Arts | San Antonio, TX
AdvertisementTechFuel is Greater San Antonio’s largest cash prize pitch competition, with $100,000 in prize money and a focus on helping emerging tech-based startups accelerate their growth.
Application deadline is September 3, 2021. Apply here: https://www.satechbloc.com/sa-tech-fuel
TechFuel is sponsored by the Bexar County Economic & Community Development department and will be hosted by Tech Bloc during the 2021 San Antonio Startup Week month-long conference.
Tech startups located throughout Texas that meet the below eligibility requirements are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the application deadline of September 3, 2021. All applications will be reviewed and screened by the TechFuel Selection Committee. The selection committee will determine which applicants advance to the semi-final round of 25 competitors based on the following criteria from their submitted applications:
• Meeting all necessary competition eligibility requirements
• Leadership - Does the team have the ability to reach the next level of success?
• Business Model - Is the revenue model realistic and sustainable?
• Execution - Are there strong growth metrics or measurable traction?
• Jobs - If success continues and scales, will this create more jobs?
• Quality of submitted responses in application
Semi-finalists will then be randomly assigned into one of five brackets (designated as Groups A, B, C, D, or E) to participate in a second round of in-person screening with your group’s judging panel. Each group will be comprised of 5 semi-finalist teams and every semi-finalist will deliver a live 5-minute pitch and a 5-minute Q&A session to your group’s judging panel.
All semi-finalists will participate in one of the following days:
• Monday, September 20: Groups A & B
• Tuesday, September 21: Group C & D
• Wednesday, September 22: Group E
A finalist from each group will be selected by their judging panel to advance to the final round of the competition. The 5 finalists will be awarded $2,500 each and will then compete for the Judges' Grand Prize of $50,000 live on October 28nd, 2020.
The TechFuel Showcase finalists will deliver a 5-minute pitch and have a 5-minute Q&A session with a panel of 5 judges. Judges will then deliberate to select the Judges' Grand Prize of $50,000 winner, and $20,000 1st runner up. A live audience poll will be conducted to select the winners of the remaining prizes and awards of special recognition, including the $10,000 2nd Runner Up and $7,500 Honorable Mention. .
What Types of Tech Companies Should Apply?
Applicants for consideration should
• Be a tech startup that is headquartered or primarily based in the state of Texas
• Be a properly registered business entity recognized by the state of Texas
• Have received less than $1.0M from 3rd-party investors
• Generate less than $1.5M in annualized revenue
• Have a product/service that is live, or an MVP that has recently launched within the last 6 months, and has measurable performance metrics such as revenue, customers, or successful beta testing results.
• If selected as a finalist prize winner, be able to maintain a company presence (office or remote employee) within Bexar County for a minimum of 6 months after prize money award date.
Apply at satechbloc.com or https://www.satechbloc.com/sa-tech-fuel